This workshop focuses on the atmospheric neutrino measurement and its flux calculation which are getting more important for precise oscillation analysis in the low energy region and as background estimation of neutrino astronomy. It aims at gathering experts related to the field and making a fruitful and informal discussion among participants. Subjects discussed in the workshop are
- Measurements of atmospheric neutrinos
- Improvement of atmospheric neutrino flux calculation
- Hadronic interaction measurement / modeling
This year's workshop will be held in a hybrid style: the workshop will take place in person at Nagoya University, and online participation will be also possible. Information for online connection will be provided later to the registered participants.
This workshop series started in 2019.
- The 1st workshop on 20-22 Mar., 2019 (Nagoya Univ. Japan) Webpage: https://indico.cern.ch/event/781361/.
- The 2nd workshop on 12-13 Jan., 2021 (ONLINE) Webpage: https://indico.cern.ch/event/873509/
This workshop will also include a memorial session dedicated to Dr. Morihiro Honda and Prof. Tom Gaisser, who have achieved pioneering works for modeling atmospheric neutrinos for the community.
Y. Itow, K. Sato and H. Menjo